Starting with a big workout! Compound movements to trigger as many muscles as possible in one workout, I suggest doing the following:
Warm up - Light walk at 5-10% incline to get the blood pumping
Stretch - Stretch all major muscle groups; Quads, hamstrings, calves, chest, back and shoulders. Hold for around 20 seconds each time
1. Quad strengthening - Squats (3 sets of 10 repetitions)
2. Hamstring strengthening - Deadlift (3 sets of 6 repetitions)
3. Chest strengthening - Bench press (3 sets of 10 repetitions)
4. Back strengthening - Bent over row (3 sets of 10 repetitions)
5. Shoulder strengthening - Standing shoulder press (3 sets of 10 repetitions)
Cool down - walk on treadmill at 5-10% incline for 5 minutes.
Stretch - repeat stretches from the start of the workout.
I have built this workout in my exclusive ACPT app so if you would like more information and video guides in order to complete these exercises, please email Adamcooley@acptfit.co.uk and we will sign you up to get your free workout.
Be your best.